… the merchandising system to use when you want the facts!
Forget ‘gut feelings’ and ‘staff impressions’
WHAT IS FORUM?
FORUM is a retaill management system which has been designed to cover all aspects of merchandising in the retail footwear and fashion industries including:
- product management
- sales analysis
- purchasing and payments
- integrated replenishment
- store management for shoes, apparel, accessories for men, women and children
- eCommerce and marketplace integration
- POS integration
- warehousing and logistics
FORUM is totally integrated with a comprehensive, cost effective Point of Sale (POS) cash register (DENARI). FORUM can also be used effectively without the POS.
FORUM is designed for the special needs of fashion retailing. Variable size ranges, prepacked and loose size cartons, product categories and classes, styles, colours and brands. Sales analysis reports compare the performance of stock across all these factors as well as its performance store by store.
WHAT CAN FORUM DO FOR YOU?
- Give you more time in the day. (Which you will probably use to run the business better, but you could always play golf or tennis instead).
- Make your store visits more effective. Right now you probably use store visits to find out what stock you have and then if there’s time you try to evaluate how the store is ‘working’ – displays, customers, staff practices, etc. You already know what your stock is doing, spend more time making the shop work.
- Highlight your successes and failures. FORUM will tell you accurately which lines sell and which do not, giving you an earlier start on repeat orders or stock clearance.
- Help you place stock where it will sell. Why buy more stock when FORUM can tell you where size 10 or style ‘X’ is selling or not selling, where a style is popular and where it is ignored, which colour sells and which colour doesn’t.
- Help reduce shrinkage. Accurate inventory is the first requirement for shrinkage identification and reduction. With FORUm negative stock gifures and missing transfers point very quickly to problem areas.
PURCHASING -> | PURCHASE ORDERS | DELIVERIES CANCELLATIONS |
SALES MONITORING -> | PICKING SHEETS | MOVEMENTS | REPEAT ORDERS |
STOCK CLEARANCE -> | MARKDOWNS | CONSOLIDATION |
A feature of the system is the division of its operations into groups that correspond to the work practices of the retailer. This makes the system easy to learn and reduces the amount of work required to operate the system.
The flow commences with the decision to purchase merchandise for retail. Details of the buy are entered through the purchase order system. New stock lines are created at the time of order placement. Stock can be purchased according to predefined purchase patters for standard size ranges or in standard manufacturer packs.
Open To Buy (OTB) is a natural by-product of the purchasing system. Comprehensive reporting on gross commitments, net commitments, and cost schedules by category, class, vendor, and delivery location keeps you fully informed.
Deliveries can be received at a central warehouse or at each store. Both FORUM and DENARI have functions to record deliveries.
Overdue orders can be listed and cancelled.
Once the stock is in store, sales can be monitored on a daily basis. Sell one, get on picking sheets maintain the stock levels in each store. Inter branch movements can be used to keep the stock balanced and in the stores where it is selling best.
Fast selling can be reordered using the repeats system. This will calculate ideal stock repeats (including overstock lines) and recommended real orders. The calculations use real stock levels, existing orders, and sales patters to determine the optimum reorder quantities.
When the selling season is over (or if the product just won’t sell) the markdown system is used to issue permanent price reductions.
–> Next GET THE FACTS!